"There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness -Lady Blessington"

Monday 6 June 2011

--- Looking back...

Now that there's only two days left in school before the exams, I'm suddenly feeling a little sad, but happy mostly. Today, when I was on facebook, I found myself going through my old pictures of my photo album. The pictures were taken during my life in middle school. When I saw these photos, I realized how young and innocent we looked back then. We were simply little kids who were really excited to enter the "world of high school".  Well let me just tell you, now that I'm in the life that I have always been dreaming about back in middle school, it's not that amazing as I thought it would be. Of course I made a lot of friends (who I can never replace for life) and precious memories. All I'm saying is that, compared to the ridiculous amount of fantasizing over "high school", it didn't really meet up to my expectations. Basically, life is the same as it was back in middle school. Except with more... challenging teachers, and dramas.    


Remember this, my friends? This picture was taken on the last day of school, I believe. We were all so young back then... What happend to us now? Why are most of us corrupted, what happened to our innocence?! I wish to be taken back to this day so I can tell all the students in this picture: Highschool isn't that great really. Just live everyday to your fullest!


Who am I kidding though. I'm still unable to fully believe what I just said. I guess we're all living in a circle of life. It's sad to say that not all of these people are close to me now. They've become random people in my school that I say hi to in the hallways. We were all so close in middle school. What happened to that? Why are we constantly judging, criticizing and mocking others now? I miss the closeness. I miss the time when I didn't care about what other people said about me and my friends. As long as I had fun with my buddies, I was fine! As a highschool student, I know a lot of friends who deal with issues at school. None of this occured in middle school. The worst thing me and my friends could say to each other was: Meanie.
YEAH. MEANIE was the worst word that we used in middle school. How about now? I could make a list so long that I would run out of space in this box for posting.


I miss these memories. I still treasure them and nothing can compare to the happiness that I feel when I look at these old pictures. And one day, I'll be showing these pictures to my child and telling her/him this: Be happy. Be yourself. And don't let anyone get you down. You are Suzy Jung's precious child (:

3 comments:

Jenny Chocolatechipcookies said...

awww these are all old pictures of us <3

Suzy said...

don't you miss those times? :D

Jenny Chocolatechipcookies said...

yeaaaaaa :D