"There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness -Lady Blessington"

Monday 27 June 2011

--- My 10 pm snack

So, I'm eating like a pig these days. Why? To gain weight, obviously! I have too many people grabbing my wrist and saying, "You're so skinny. You should eat more Suzy!" Older friends of mine have started to comment about my body too. I don't take these comments as insults because they are not as hurtful as "Why are you so anorexic?" I am not anorexic because I accept the fact that I am, indeed, skinny. I don't stand in front of the mirror, think that I am extremely overweight, and refuse to eat. Instead, I try to eat more and I check my weight constantly to see if I have made any improvements. So, if you know me personally, don't ask the stupid question: Why are you so anorexic?

Getting back on topic: My 10 pm snack. I looked through my baking/cooking books yesterday night to pass the time and I came across this wonderful picture of a trifle:



Immediately, I started craving for a yummy serving of trifles! However, when I checked my kitchen cabinets, I realized that I had no biscuits or whipping cream or almonds. But that didn't stop me from making my own trifle. I quickly grabbed the two end parts of bread, the 400g Original Philadelphia cream cheese that was on sale in Costco, some strawberries, blackberries and of course, a handful of "Honey Bunch of Oats." In less than one minute, I created my cream from cream cheese, mixed with sugar and vanilla extract. Next, I diced strawberries into small cubes and placed them in a small bowl along with blackberries. What was my next step? The Great Assembling. First, I cut a circle out from the bread and placed it on the bottom of a small glass bowl. Next, I spread the cream on top and sprinkled the cream with colorful berries. Then, another circularly-cut bread followed with another gentle spreading of the cream topped with berries. I then proceeded to placing the cereal and small bread cubes on top. And voila! My 10 pm trifle snack was ready! I digged in and as short as it took to make this simple snack, I devoured this goodness in less than one minute ;)


2 comments:

kyleen said...

I will never say anorexic to you ever again <3 You're obviously not anorexic, you're just skinny.

Suzy said...

lol thank you