"There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness -Lady Blessington"

Monday 18 July 2011

--- AM I HAPPY?

Today I came across a thought. A very simple thought that caused me to contemplate about it for a very long time. Am I happy? I mean, I'm writing a freaking blog about happiness... shouldn't I be happy in order to write happy posts? But, what if I'm not? What if I'm a depressed and miserable person who doesn't know that I am depressed and miserable? What do I do then? Should I quit writing on this blog and make another one called theSadMorning? Wow..the name is quite discouraging.. I'm not particularly sad or anything, I just happened to think about the question. How do we know whether or not we are happy? What if we're just deceiving ourselves into believing that we are happy when we are not? You know, it's highly possible that all of us (humans) are living under a black, evil fog. Have you ever thought about that? It's REALLY possible... Perhaps, I'm becoming a little... crazy. I hope not. I think I ate too much snacks today. Two packages of chips are beside me. One is Corn flavored and one is Potato flavored. Which one do I like more? I don't know.. what do you think? Wait... how would YOU know? You weren't with me when I was eating those delectable chips... Oh wow..I want another package. OKAY. IT'S OKAY. It's 9:34 p.m. Oh wait... I'm not that hungry though... Maybe I'm just pretending to be crazy because this post is a little weird to begin with. What was this blog about again? Happiness. Wow... I digress a lot, don't I.. Anyway, back to the point. Am I happy?  Well, it depends on what you mean by "happy." The denotation for this word is: characterized by or indicative of pleasure, contentment, or joy.  Hmmm... well in that case, I think I'm... in the middle. I'm not happy, I'm not sad. I'm not laughing, I'm not crying. I'm not ROFL-ing, and I'm not D: -ing either. So I guess I'm in the middle. I should come up with a name for this "middle feeling." The name should be... a combination of "happy" and "sad." So, I think I'll call it... sappy. It's awesome right? I guess I got better at coming up with new words based on two different words because I played the "coming-up-with-a-new-word" game with Jen a lot of times on saturday. I think the words that we came up were; tibbit (tiger + rabit), dots (dogs + cats), and ... I don't remember all of them. But, we created many interesting names. Do you remember, Jen? Anyway, oh gosh... listen to me, I'm talking about something totally irrelevant to my topic. ANYWAY, my conclusion: I am sappy. And if you managed to focus on this post without getting distracted, you should know what that word means.

TREES :)

*Word of the day: sappy. Definition: characterized by a mixed feeling of joy and sadness.

2 comments:

kyleen said...

The first five sentences sounded sad :(

jenn said...

Well, mostly it's called "content". You are glad of your life and what you've done with your life so far, and the direction it's going- that's contentment. I thought about this a lot, last year, and my conclusion was that I wanted my life to go along the right path, but I wasn't altogether happy with myself and how I dealt with things either. That middle feeling's never really mentioned, huh? It's mostly words in the extremes that describe what we think we really feel.
Or perhaps it's selective. You're happy about certain things and sad about others. That's perfectly normal as well. It's okay to be conflicted, right? That's what humans are. We are confusing, contradictory, defiant of ourselves.
Okay, yeah. You just made ME ramble. LOL :D